THE ARCHIVIO KOUNELLIS protects and promotes the work created by Jannis Kounellis from an artistic, scientific, cultural, intellectual point of view and issues certificates of authenticity of the works of Jannis Kounellis.
- The registration and authentication provided by the ARCHIVIO KOUNELLIS on a work of art will take place exclusively following the observation and direct evaluation, of the work, by the Scientific Committee of the Archive and not on the basis of the only documentation received.
- By signing the Inquiry for Expertise, the applicant expressly declares:
• to have read and to approve the rules and procedures for the authentication of the
• to accept the opinion that will be expressed by the Scientific Committee of the Archivio Kounellis ;
• to bear the costs of transport, delivery and insurance (from nail to nail) of the work subjected to evaluation, which will be exclusively borne by the applicant;
• to indemnify the Archivio Kounellis from any liability and custody obligations for any subtraction, theft or damage, or whatever happens to the work delivered for the entire period of stay at the headquarters of the Archivio Kounellis. To this end, the applicant agrees to take out insurance for all the occurrences mentioned.
By signing the Inquiry for Expertise, the applicant undertake not to contest in any form and manner the decisions taken by the Scientific Committee on the authentiity and attributability of the work of Jannis Kounellis.
- The work to be evaluated, must reach the headquarters of the Archivio Kounellis before the Scientific Committee meets (the dates of the meetings and the dates for the delivery of the work, will be communicated on this website in advance).
- Works on paper must be sent unframed, otherwise they won’t be accepted.
- Duplicates of certificates of authenticity are not issued.
The complete documentation* (written informations and/or documents regarding
the history of the work and its acquisition) must be sent in original. *In the event of documentation deemed insufficient or non-original, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to interrupt the investigation of the authentication by postponing the conclusions to a subsequent session upon receipt of the appropriate documentation.
Collection of response will be delivered by hand upon return of the work, or on request, by registered mail or courier (by signing an indemnity letter).
All documentation must be sent by registered mail to the headquarters of the Archive:
ARCHIVIO KOUNELLIS via Pompeo Magno 6/B 00192 Rome - Italy
FOR NEXT MEETING, ON October 24th, 2023:
- the complete documentation must be sent ( by express courier only) to the Archive headquarters no later than October 6th, 2023;
- copy of identity document of the owner or the delegated applicant;
the work to be evaluated, must reach the headquarters of the Archivio Kounellis on the following days between October 16th and October 20th 2023, by appointment.
- number 6 professional photos (the work must be taken without any frame and/or background) size 13x18 cm, 4 in color of the front, 1 b/w of the front, 2 in color of the back;
- number 2 color photos minimum resolution 300 dpi (digital support);
- original data and documents on the origin and history of the Work;
- compilation and signature of the attached INQUIRY FOR EXPERTISE;
- by October 6th, 2023 must be paid into the bank account Archivio Kounellis:
IBAN IT69 I030 6903 3151 0000 0005 183 BIC BCITITMM
Via Ennio Quirino Visconti, 22
The amount of:
• € 305,00 ( € 250,00 + *VAT 22% ) for each graphic or multiple work
• € 854,00 ( € 700,00 + *VAT 22% ) for each unique work smaller than the size of
• € 1830,00 ( € 1500,00 + *VAT 22% ) for each single work with a size of 60x90 cm up to the size of 200x180 cm
• € 2440,00 ( € 2000,00 + *VAT 22% ) unique works over 200x180 cm. *except foreign companies
All rights reserved.